Not all abs are created equal. Some girls need to work their abs to exhaustion before they can even flatten out their bellies, while other gals seem to get their abs to pop without doing a single situp.
Regardless of where you fit on the fitness spectrum, the following exercises will get your abs to show in little time. This workout is designed to target all three planes of your core – frontal, lateral and transverse; and with the circuit style routine, this workout’s intensity will remain high and you’ll burn tons of fat – everywhere.
How this workout routine works: Perform each exercise for 30 seconds one after the other with 10 seconds rest between moves. Start with 2 circuits and work yourself up to 5 circuits. For maximum results, perform this workout 3 times a week on non-consecutive days.
Equipment Required: Barbell (with weights) and Medicine Ball
1. Barbell Roll-Up
- Load the bar with 10-pound plates and kneel on the floor behind it. Your shoulders should be over the bar.
- Brace your abs and roll the bar forward, reaching in front of you until you feel your hips are about to sag.
- Roll yourself back.
2. Swiss Ball Crunch
- Lie back on the ball with feet shoulder-width apart on the floor. Your lower back should be supported by the ball.
- Place your hands behind your ears and tuck your chin.
- Curl your body up off the ball until you’re sitting up.
3. Flutter Kick
- Lie on your back with legs straight and extend your arms by your sides.
- Lift your heels about 6 inches and rapidly kick your feet up and down in a quick, scissor-like motion.
4. Front Squat
- Set a barbell on a power rack at about shoulder height (if you don’t have a rack, clean it to your shoulders).
- Grasp the bar with hands at shoulder width and raise your elbows until your upper arms are parallel to the floor.
- Take the bar out of the rack and let it rest on your fingertips—as long as your elbows stay up, you’ll be able to balance the bar.
- Step back and set your feet at shoulder width with toes turned out slightly. This is important – squat as low as you can without losing the arch in your lower back.
5. Leg Raise
- Lie on the floor and hold onto a bench or the legs of a heavy chair for support.
- Keep your legs straight and raise them up until they’re vertical.
- Lower back down, but stop just short of the floor to keep tension on your abs before the next rep.
6. Medicine Ball Russian Twist
- Sit on the floor in the top position of a situp and, holding a medicine ball with both hands, extend your arms in front of you.
- Explosively twist your body to one side and then twist back. Alternate sides.
7. Medicine Ball Mountain Climber
- Hold the ball with both hands and get into pushup position on the floor.
- Drive one knee up to your chest and then quickly drive it back while you raise the opposite knee.
8. Elbow Plank
- Get into pushup position and bend your elbows to lower your forearms to the floor.
- Hold the position with abs braced.
9. Side Plank
- Lie on your left side resting your left forearm on the floor for support.
- Raise your hips up so that your body forms a straight line and brace your abs—your weight should be on your left forearm and the edge of your left foot.
- Hold the position with abs braced.
One last thing… you should try this 60-second immunity ritual that burns 1 pound of belly fat per day…
“All this by a 60-second immunity ritual?” I asked.
I met an old friend for lunch last month and I was super impressed with how she lost 72 pounds in 3 months.
She said, “It’s not so much about the 60-second immunity ritual but more about how it releases fat-blasting molecules that signal your brain and body to burn off pounds and inches of trapped fat quickly and naturally.”
Even though I was skeptical, I’ve been struggling with my weight over the last few years, so I gave it a shot and watched the same video she did.
Well, it’s only a couple weeks later and you know what they say about how “you can’t transform your body overnight”…
They’re right – it actually took me 14 days to lose 19 pounds.
Now it’s my girlfriends asking ME what I’M doing differently 💅
Imagine your body being beach ready before Memorial Day.
Imagine enjoying the foods you love: pasta, wine, or even a dessert — completely guilt-free.
And imagine feeling good and living your life without obsessing about every single calorie you eat…
All while knowing your health is being protected by one of the most powerful natural healing rituals ever discovered.